Boat hire in Cornwall: Unlock the hidden treasures of the River Fal in beautiful Cornwall by hiring a boat!
“A brilliant experience”
Just some of the things you can experience when hiring a boat in Falmouth, Cornwall:
- Relax, no really you will, it’s quite an experience a day on the water!
- The kids will be in awe of the wildlife and surroundings.
- Make your way into estuaries that time has forgotten.
- Go fishing.
- Tie up on some pontoons and sunbath
- Capture amazing photographs your friends will be envious of.
- View shipping of all nationalities in one of the largest and most picturesque harbours in the world.
- Land at Trelissick House and Gardens for a meal or light refreshment.
- Explore the natural creeks and see the wildlife (from Falmouth to Truro is renowned for its resident herons)
- See the laid-up shipping (20,000 tonners) and the famous embarkation zones used for the American forces in the D-Day landings.
- Stop and see Pendennis and St Mawes Castles, Trelissick House and Gardens, and not forgetting the famous Pandora Inn a great place to stop for drinks and food just one of many things you can do in Falmouth.
- There are several landing pontoons including Mylor, where you can tie-up for lunch, cream tea or just a pint!
- Take your own picnic (or have us prepare one for you) and use the visitors pontoons situated in some of the prettiest areas of the river.
No experience needed, full instruction given, and it’s simple, safe family fun!
Typical questions we get asked.
Q: Is it hard to drive?
A: Things could not be simpler, honestly it truly is very easy. We give you a full brief of how the boat operates, what to do and when to do it. Within 5 minutes it will seem like you have been a sailor all your life!
Q: Do we need to buy petrol?
A: Nope, the hire price is inclusive of all boat fuel and taxes, no hidden costs.
Q: How big are the boats?
A: All boats are almost 18 feet and have a closed cabin as well as plenty of outside seating space.
Q: Do you provide buoyancy aids?
A: Yes we do for adults and children. We have a brand new set this year, very small and comfortable.
Q: Do I need a certificate to drive a boat?
A: Nope, nothing at all.
Q: How many people can go on the boat?
A: Each boat can carry up to 6 people (including babies, toddlers) – 6 is 6.
Q: Is there a deposit?
A: Yes there is a £40 cash deposit, refundable when you return on-time.
Q: Can we take alcohol on board the boat?
A: Absolutely no chance. We reserve the right to search baggage and will store it for you whilst you are on your boat experience. If anyone of the groups turns up drunk or we detect alcohol on anyone we reserve the right to not return any fees paid, and cancel your booking. Thanks for understanding.
Q: What happens if we are late arriving?
A: Your boat will still be reserved, but only up until the original end time you had booked it for, so you will loose time.
“We hired a boat today for a few hours and had the best time ever. Welcomed at the pier by the guys from FBH they couldn’t have been more professional, informative and friendly. We went from Falmouth to the King Harry ferry and absolutely had a ball. We will be back!“
“Hired a boat for 4 hours and enjoyed every minute. Staff very friendly and helpful, and the boat was very easy to use. We had enough time to explore quite a large area around Falmouth area, but still much more to see next time we visit. Great value for money, and no hesitation in recommending Falmouth Boat Hire.”
“We hired our boat for only a couple of hours but managed to go quite a fair way – just past the Smugglers Cottage and back. The company were really friendly and showed us how to use the boat and where to go. It was great fun for all the family.”
Self drive hire boats for up to six people, operating on the beautiful River Fal estuary in South West Cornwall!
BOOK A SELF DRIVE BOAT NOW